[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to return to a previous page without conversations

chane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 6 12:36:39 EDT 2007

Christian,

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.

I will check out the example also.

One idea:  Trinidad has a concept of pageFlowScope (http://incubator.apache.org/adffaces/devguide/communicatingBetweenPages.html)

I'm not sure if I want to use this or not; however, in the document they use an action listener to communicate.  Right now I use pages.xml very sparingly (that might change though) and the action listener instead of a page action might be something I try and explore over the next couple of days.  Their example is:

  | <h:dataTable var="employee" value="#{....}">
  |    <h:column>
  |       <h:outputText value="#{employee.name}"/>
  |    <h:column>
  |    <h:column>
  |                 <h:outputText value="#{employee.id}"/>
  |    <h:column>
  |    <h:column>
  |       <h:commandButton value="Show more" action="showEmployee">
  |                                to="#{pageFlowScope.employeeDetail}"/>
  |       </h:commandButton>
  |    <h:column>
  | </h:dataTable>

Looking forward to seeing entry points in Seam (realizing it will take a while to get in...)

Thanks again,
Chris....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035391#4035391

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035391