[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Where do the seam jars go in jboss?

jcranwellward do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 7 11:01:33 EDT 2007

I'm building a webb app with Jboss 4.0.4 and the lastest build of Seam. I want my web app to be deployable on any jboss AS without seam being previously installed. Therefore I bundle the jars I need during my ant build and put the seam jars in WEB-INF/lib of my .war. I'm using facelets for the views so I have included the following jars:

jboss-seam-ui.jar
jboss-seam-debug.jar
jsf-facelets.jar
el-api.jar
el-ri.jar"

and "jboss-seam.jar" in the root of my .ear along with any other jars i have used for my .ejb3 package.

However jboss is having trouble finding a component i have listed in my faces-config.xml which is located in the WEB-INF directory:

15:18:27,073 INFO  [FacesConfigurator] Reading config
/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
15:18:27,182 WARN  [LocaleUtils] Locale name in faces-config.xml null or empty, setting locale to default locale : en_US
15:18:27,188 ERROR [ClassUtils] Class com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler

(exception stack)

I also have the "jboss-seam.jar" and "jboss-seam-ui.jar"in the /default/lib directory of the server.

Is the correct place to put the seam jars needed to use EJB3 and facelets?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035527#4035527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035527