[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Error in Version mismatch

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 10:31:37 EDT 2007

Here is the root cause:

Generated servlet error:
bad class file: C:\jboss-3.2.5\server\default\deploy\EntitySolutions.war\WEB-INF\classes\com\eis\commons\EntityConstants.class
class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0 Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath

Apparently, the application was compiled using the 5.0 JVM (version 49.0), while you are running using a 1.4 JVM (version 48.0). The solution? Rebuild the application using the 1.4 JVM or run using the 5.0 JVM. I recommend the former because I am not sure if JBoss AS 3.2.5 will work with the 5.0 JVM.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036001#4036001

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036001