[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - s:convertDateTime and s:selectDate without specifying patter

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 10 22:38:12 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The above 2 tags do not play nicely together if you do not specify a date format pattern.

s:converDateTime correctly uses the current locale to format the date, which can result in my input box containing say 'dd/mm/yyyy', 'mm/dd/yyyy' or 'dd-mm-yyyy' depending on my locale.  This is great.

However, if no pattern is specified on s:selectDate, it always default the javascript CAL_DATE_FORMAT variable to "MM/dd/yyyy", which results in much confusion in a dd/mm/yyyy locale, eg- the wrong month popping up to what you'd expect, the wrong date getting saved, etc.

Would it be possible for s:selectDate defaulted to an appropriate format based on the current locale?

As a workaround in the meantime, we are always going to specify the appropriate format for the current locale using an EL function, but it would be nice if this "just worked".

cheers,
Daniel.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036200#4036200

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036200