[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - VariableInstance - Reverse mapping to ProcessInstance ???

CatlinIT do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 11 07:02:03 EDT 2007

Against each process instance I store N variableInstance values.  I need to query to retrieve the process instances, joining with multiple variableInstances (E.g  get me all process instances where they have a variableinstance of 'doctype=foo' and a variable instance of 'owner=bar').

This is possible with HQL and joins, however I need to use Hibernate Criteria to allow better dynamic search building.

Looking at the Hibernate mappings, ProcessInstance has a Map to VariableInstance.  However, VariableInstance has no reverse mapping to ProcessInstance, even though the table contains a FK to it.

Is this an oversight on the mappings or was there a reason for this?

If there is no valid reason not to have it then is it worth raising a JIRA (No JIRA for this is currently raised).

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036314#4036314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036314