[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Model/Typical deployment for hosting multiple customers

Cyclone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 12 05:40:21 EDT 2007

Currently we host upwards of 60 customers (all using the same application, different database) on a single large IBM box.
We have 60 instances of jboss running, one for each customer.

I'm pretty sure that this is not the ideal way to do this, obviously this has a large memory overhead and even on fast hardware is starting to seriously slow down, plus it's not scalable beyond the current number of customers.

To explain a bit further.  We use tomcat as a web server running on a separate machine.  Each customer has an instance of tomcat as well, and each instance of tomcat is set to connect to a specific instance of jboss.

So, what suggestions are there for the 'correct' way to manage and host this kind of setup?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4036651#4036651

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4036651