[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Validation messages

nstoddar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 09:02:01 EDT 2007

How much customization is possible in Seam for annotated Hibernate validations?  I read the documentation, so I know that I can change the resource key to have a separate message rendered on the screen.

My problem is this:  in some cases I want a message "Contact first name is required.", but in other cases I might want to provide another context to the same validation, e.g. "Billing first name is required.".

Is this even possible using the Hibernate Validation/Seam?  To the best of my knowledge, it looks like I would have to have a 1-to-1 mapping between HTML form and Seam components for this to happen (in other words, no reuse of Seam components since there's no way to customize validation messages to this extent).  ... Also a bummer since this precludes my ability to use my JPA model classes.

Any ideas, or comments on this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037059#4037059

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037059