[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Validation messages

nstoddar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 11:11:39 EDT 2007

"CptnKirk" wrote : Take a look at the message attribute of the Hibernate Validator annotations, they allow per field overrides of the default message.  NotNull is still handled by JSF's required=true mechanism, but you have greater flexibility for other field constraints.

I don't want per-field messages.  I want to provide some context to the message itself.  For example, I would put

@NotNull(message="{value.required}")
  | value.required={0} is required.

... and magically be able to inject some value into {0} from somewhere else with "Contact name" or "Billing name", etc instead of just "Value is required."  Does that make sense?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037113#4037113

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037113