[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Convert and overriding standard types

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 13 17:49:05 EDT 2007

Hmm, what I was seeing on JBoss 4.0.5, which should be MyFaces on JSF 1.1, is that my converter wasn't being called at all in either direction when I tried to override forClass=String.class.

What I've written is a quick converter to translate empty Strings into null.  This makes my DB happier (as well as my equals()).  Currently when I take input from a form and don't populate fields, they become empty strings.  I'm trying to replace that default semantic with my Seam @Convert converter.

Works great if I specify a <f:converter> everywhere, but that's kind of a drag.  On the whole I still love being able to register a JSF converter with two annotations.  Thanks Seam.

PS:  Perhaps this is an issue with MyFaces.  As you say, the spec may not be clear.  I'm looking forward to JBoss 4.2 and the 1.2 RI. (yea I know I could hack 4.0.5, but I'm not gunna :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037247#4037247

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037247