[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Scope and Best Practices

chubby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 15 20:36:39 EDT 2007

Thank you for the prompt response and for the Wiki!

I've been working on a paging and sortable datatable view, but kept fumbling around with parameters (firstRow, noRows, sort column, etc) and how best to pass them around/scope them.

I landed on a temporary conversation and using page parameters for the parameters not explicitly used in the page (sort column).  It seems to work, but was wondering if changing it to a long running conversation made more sense.  But then I worried about the "lingering" conversation if the user navigated away in an unexpected way.  As you said in the Wiki, perhaps its not worth worrying about since it will eventually time out.

I'll take a look at the Seam gen tool as suggested as well and see how does things.

Thanks again!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037407#4037407

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037407