[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Questions on resourceBundle

fernando_jmt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 16 12:14:41 EDT 2007

So, I think the MessageFactory class you have is not needed.  You can use Seam org.jboss.seam.core.FacesMessages class instead.

Below you can see an example I have:

  | @Name("converters")
  | public class Converters {
  |
  |     @Transactional
  |     public Converter getRoleConverter() {
  |         return new Converter() {
  |
  |             @Transactional
  |             public Object getAsObject(FacesContext facesContext, UIComponent uiComponent, String string) throws ConverterException {
  |                 Role role = ((EntityManager) Component.getInstance("entityManager")).find(Role.class, string);
  |                 if (role != null)
  |                     return role;
  |                 else {
  |                     FacesMessage message = FacesMessages.createFacesMessage(FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR, "Common.error.selected_NotFound", null, "");
  |                     throw new ConverterException(message);
  |                 }
  |             }
  |
  |             public String getAsString(FacesContext facesContext, UIComponent uiComponent, Object object) throws ConverterException {
  |                 return ((Role) object).getName();
  |             }
  |         };
  |     }
  |
  | }

Common.error.selected_NotFound is a key in the messages.properties.

HTH.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037626#4037626

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037626