[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - stack size limit

bentins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 02:20:10 EDT 2007

I've been reading through the posts here. I saw that it was recommended in many places to do the following setting on solaris:

  | -XX:ThreadStackSize=128k

So I did it! But when I ran it I got an error stating that this new setting of 131072 Kb exceeds the exiting limit of 8192 kB. When I changed the limit to 131072 I got a different error stating:

  | Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
  |         at java.lang.Thread.start(Native Method)
  |         at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:450)

can someone please shed some light. If my original limit is smaller and my application works (although I do have performance problems) Do I still have to change this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037838#4037838

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037838