[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems Starting Page Flows

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 12:57:13 EDT 2007

"Delphi's Ghost" wrote : I have test.xml that contains a bunch of test links with the different ways of starting page flows :

FYI, you can also use pages.xml to start pageflows (my favourite ;)

anonymous wrote : I would have thought that if you click a link, button, or call a method that starts a pageflow, then you would automatically end up on the view-id referenced by the start-page definition (in this case testpage1).

No. You use start-page when you are:

anonymous wrote : already at the page being rendered

If you want to navigate to a new view as a result of starting the pageflow, use a start-state node.

anonymous wrote : But if the pageflow is begun as the result of an action listener invocation, the outcome of the action listener determines which is the first page to be rendered. In this case, we use a <start-state> as the first node in the pageflow, and declare a transition for each possible outcome:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038050#4038050

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038050