[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Custom JSF Component & escaping html

spambob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 17:42:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

this is more a JSF question but perhaps you could help me out with that too ;)

I want to write an email obfuscator and therefore need a custom JSF tag that outputs html entities. So I derived the tag class from UIComponentBase and write the output in encodeBegin.
The problem is that my output gets escaped by JSF - e.g. instead of:
anonymous wrote : & #x6c;& #x65;& #x2e;& #x63;& #111;& #109;
I get:
anonymous wrote : le.com
In other words: if I would put my output into HtmlOutputText and set escape=false everything would be fine!

So how can I prevent JSF from escaping the output of my tag?

PS: the mathematical captcha is working but it & the email tag depend on the same obfucator so i wait till I get said email tag working to post it at jira.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038161#4038161

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038161