[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - bundling datatources with the application

c_eric_ray do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 18:27:42 EDT 2007

I want to bundle a datasource xml file with my ear. Here's how I have it bundled.

  | application.ear
  |    |
  |    -- META-INF/
  |    -- ejbs.jar
  |    -- webapp.war
  |    -- my-ds.xml

When this deploys it appears jboss is taking the my-ds.xml file and renaming it to jboss-ds.xml and placing into the <server_home>/default/deploy directory.

This is fine for a single application. However, I'm working on more than one application at a time and I need to have separate *-ds.xml files deployed with the individual applications. However, jboss wants to name the all jboss-dx.xml and put them in the same directory. Then of course the datasource is never bound because jboss assumes it's already bound (I guess).

Is there a way to have my individual datasource files deployed so they retain the original name and are NOT renamed to jboss-ds.xml? My main objective is to bundle the datasource files with the ear files and so I don't have to pre-deploy datasource files when I move my ear file to another instance of jboss.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038171#4038171

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038171