[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBossCache and readonly transactions

aricci do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 04:15:09 EDT 2007

Caching read-only data is a good thing if it is done locally, but i don´t understand why should we replicate them to all nodes in the cluster.
Scalability and good performances can be achieved only if we reduce the amount of informations sent to the channel. So imagine that a transaction performs a SELECT * FROM T, where T is a table containing 1.000.000 of records, this transaction would produce an incredible and not necessary traffic on the communication channel, decreasing scalability and performances of the all cluster. isn´t it?

Andrea

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038253#4038253

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038253