[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Using a Seam-managed persistence context with JPA

tom_goring do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 04:35:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

If a non JSF request (to a old web app) calls a SLSB that uses a Seam managed persistence context e.g.
@In EntityManager bookingDatabase;
rather than
@PersistenceContext(unitName="BookingDS")
private EntityManager em;

how does the Seam know the request has finished and it can close off the entity manager ? I presume that when using JSF the Seam Phase Listener resolves this.

I have read the documents but it's still unclear to me what actually happens with Seam-Managed Persistence Context's.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038259#4038259

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038259