[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 1.2 released

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 09:26:34 EDT 2007

No.

Render phase:
1) UISelectItems adds the NullableSelectItem to the list
2) NoSelectionConverter runs getAsString, the NullableSelectItem has a value null so NoSelectionConverter.NO_SELECTION_VALUE is returned

Submit phase:
1) NoSelectionConverter runs getAsObject, the value is NoSelectionConverter.NO_SELECTION_VALUE, so null is returned
2) Validators are run, if required=true, then, as the value is null, validation will fail
3) The model is updated with a null value.

I can't see a problem - the UI example has noSelectionLabel on both components with required=true and not and the behaviour I describe happens.

What problem are you seeing?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038386#4038386

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038386