[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: inconsistent behaviour

laxu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 09:35:53 EDT 2007

Oops! All I meant was to speed up while developing. That turns into a different subject now but please bear with me: I wish to know how you guys out there handling this.
In the case I put things into the war/ear's lib I have a large file and that slows down build-deploy-run cycle. Just because it zips and unzips. And that specifically seems to take more time with NetBeans-JBoss combination: It removes the .ear to undeploy, then copies the new .ear and then JBoss unzips it and reinitialize everything and run.  All of these take a really long time.
With Netbeans-SJSAS however it does something more like an incremental deployment. It takes significantly less time. The difference was so significant that I switched to SJSAS and  abandoned JBoss. Then I managed to even improve the deploy time further by taking the seam jars and hibernate jars (with SJSAS I have to ship hibernate jars as I want hibernate for the persistence) out of the project's war/ear and added those jars' paths to the server classpath (not copied them into the lib dir)
Now you say that this is useless/unconventional/not recommended so I wonder how people go along with the development cycle. Doesn't it take a huge time, say correcting a typo and re-run?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038393#4038393

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038393