[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using a Seam-managed persistence context with JPA

tom_goring do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 10:08:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I understand that I can't inject stuff that is not there.
In my example the "bookingDatabase" would be there as it is defined in components.xml as an application wide thing (I assume).  This is as per the manual.
@In EntityManager bookingDatabase;

To give you a little more background... we have a big app that uses basic ejb3 SLSB for the business layer.  The existing Servlet front end is talking via Remote calls to this fine.  We are in the process of moving towards Seam and have a new layer on top of the BL utilising Seam SFSB's and JSF.  This is also working fine.  The problem is that we want to use avoid LazyInitialiastion problems when the existing BL layer returns objects with lazy relation ships (to the Seam layer).  If we use the  Seam-managed persistence context this works.  However I want to understand how this works when a normal client JVM calls the EJB's.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038416#4038416

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038416