[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: stack size limit

bentins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 10:27:22 EDT 2007

I was able to run with the following configuration:

  | # Setup JBoss sepecific properties
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:ThreadStackSize=128 -Xmx3072m -Xms1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
  |
  | # setup java temporary disk space
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djava.io.tmpdir=/appdata/jboss/tmp"
  |
  | # the running program
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000"
  | JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:+UseParallelGC -Dprogram.name=$PROGNAME"

It seems that I needed to omit tje 'k' after 128. However when I copied these same setting to my production server Jboss failed to load the application at all:

Here is what I get:

  | Could not create deployment: file:/appdata/jboss/jboss-4.0.3
  | SP1/server/amit/deploy/jboss-bean.deployer/
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Unexpected error during load of: org.jboss.kernel.deployment.jboss.JBossBeanDeployer
  | , msg=org/jboss/kernel/deployment/jboss/JBossBeanDeployerMBean; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unexpec
  | ted error during load of: org.jboss.kernel.deployment.jboss.JBossBeanDeployer, msg=org/jboss/kernel/deployment/jboss/JBossBean
  | DeployerMBean)

and it goes on.... Jboss is reporting on problems with claa loading, however when I take the new settings off it works fine.

Both the production and Test are the same Solaris OS, same JDK, running the same application server settings and version.

What could be causing this, where do you think I should look for differences?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038428#4038428

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038428