[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Migrate to jboss 4.2.0 CR

lcoetzee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 11:48:59 EDT 2007

I am making slow progress.

The fix for com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.addELResolver(javax.el.ELResolver) error is the following (points 1 and 2):

1. in application.xml I only have    <module>
  |                 <java>jboss-seam.jar</java>
  |         </module>
  |         <module>
  |                 <java>jboss-el.jar</java>
  |         </module>

not jboss-el-api.jar (initially I also had this jar referenced there). This created a problem.

2. Only package jboss-el.jar in your ear, not jboss-el-api.jar

3. I have added the following to faces-config.xml

  | <faces-config version="1.2"
  |    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
  |    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd">
  |
  | .
  | .
  | .
  |
  | <!-- this for jsf-ri 1.2 -->
  | <application>
  |     <el-resolver>org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamELResolver</el-resolver>
  |     </application>
  |  <application>
  |         <view-handler>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</view-handler>
  |     </application>

4. I have removed the following from web.xml

  | <listener>
  | <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener		</listener-class></listener>
  | <context-param>
  | <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.ALLOW_JAVASCRIPT</param-name>
  | 		<param-value>true</param-value>
  | 	</context-param>

5. I have added the following to web.xml
!-- This for sun's jsf-ri 1.2 -->
  |  <listener>         <listener-class>com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener</listener-class>	     </listener>

Points 3,4 and 5 as described in the Seam documentation.

This has allowed me to get the basic app running. Unfortunately I get a lot of other errors:

anonymous wrote : XML Parsing Error: not well-formed in my xhtml pages. Very weird.

Hope it helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038481#4038481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038481