[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - JNDI in Jboss EJB3 Embeddable Container: Naming Problem

unsavory do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 18 21:53:09 EDT 2007

Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

I'm running the JBoss EJB3 embeddable server inside Tomcat 6.  Everything seems happy enough when booting.  I'm trying to access a simple stateless bean named TestBean from within a struts servlet.

I'm getting the following exception:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: scrumster not bound
	org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:491)

Here is the Bean and interface:

import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  | import javax.persistence.*;
  | import java.util.List;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | public class TestBean implements TestInterface {
  |
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  | 	EntityManager em;
  |
  | 	public void saveMessages() {
  | 		em.persist("test");
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void showMessages() {
  | 		List messages =
  | 		em.createQuery("select m from Message m order by m.text asc")
  | 		.getResultList();
  | 		System.out.println(messages.size() + " message(s) found:");
  | 		System.out.println("test");
  | 	}
  | }

public interface TestInterface {
  | 	public void saveMessages();
  | 	public void showMessages();
  | }

And here is the calling code:

public String execute() throws Exception {

  |     	Hashtable props = new Hashtable();
  |         props.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.LocalOnlyContextFactory");
  |         props.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  |
  |         InitialContext initialContext = new InitialContext(props);
  |
  |     	TestInterface msgHandler = (TestInterface) initialContext
  |     	.lookup("TestBean/local");
  |
  |     	msgHandler.saveMessages();
  |     	msgHandler.showMessages();
  |
  |         return SUCCESS;
  |     }

How do I even know my bean has loaded into the JBoss container?  Is there something I need to do to get it to be detected?

Thanks again for any help.  I'm having a terrible time getting this setup so I can actually write some code.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038690#4038690

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038690