[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: JBossMessageEndpointFactory ClassNotFoundException when

michele.curioni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 19 05:36:39 EDT 2007

Hi there,
I'd rather avoid deploying the rar separately, because it needs quite a few things that are part of the ear.  I don't want to have to deploy many different files.

I give you more details about the content of the ear:

- InputDriver.jar contains the message-listener interface, as well as other classes needed by the rar
- InputDriver.rar is the resource adapter
- RawProtocolService.jar contains the MDB that implements the message-listener interface, and its manifest points to InputDriver.jar in this way: "Class-Path: InputDriver.jar"

jboss.xml for the MDB is this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE jboss PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS 4.0//EN" "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_4_0.dtd">

  <enterprise-beans>

      <ejb-name>MyApp/RawProtocolService</ejb-name>
      <jndi-name>MyApp/RawProtocolService</jndi-name>
      <local-jndi-name>MyApp/RawProtocolServiceLocal</local-jndi-name>
      <method-attributes>
      </method-attributes>

    <message-driven>
      <ejb-name>MyApp/RawProtocolRoutingMDBean</ejb-name>
      <resource-adapter-name>MyApp.ear#InputDriver.rar</resource-adapter-name>
    </message-driven>
  </enterprise-beans>
   <assembly-descriptor/>
   <resource-managers/>