[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Can't set Character encoding for submitted form data

idylle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 19 10:35:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've got a problem with character with accent in my forms.
I type a "é" in a inputtext field, I submit the form, and then the character appears like "é".
I've read in the documentation that I should put that line :

<web:character-encoding-filter encoding="UTF-8" override-client="true" />

in the file components.xml.

I've tried that but it doesn't work (I also don't see the character-encoding-filter tag in http://jboss.com/products/seam/web-1.2.xsd whereas I see the class  org.jboss.seam.CharacterEncodingFilter in my jboss-seam.jar).

I've also tried to put the following lines in web.xml but it doesn't work either :

  |     <filter>
  |     <filter-name>EncodingFilter</filter-name>
  |     <filter-class>org.jboss.seam.web.CharacterEncodingFilter</filter-class>
  |     <init-param>
  |     <param-name>encoding</param-name>
  |     <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
  |     </init-param>
  |     <init-param>
  |     <param-name>overrideClient</param-name>
  |     <param-value>true</param-value>
  |     </init-param>
  |     </filter>
  |
  |     <filter-mapping>
  |     <filter-name>EncodingFilter</filter-name>
  |     <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  |     </filter-mapping>

(I'm using JBoss Seam 1.2.1 and JBoss Server 4.0.5)

Does somebody know what I'm doing wrong please?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038920#4038920

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038920