[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: jboss JMX notification type

leonz11 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 07:07:11 EDT 2007

thanx, dimitris.

I tried to subscribe the "org.jboss.system.server.stopped" in a simple MBean as the following sample code; but could not get this event notification when I shut down the server with control-C on windows.

package notificationMbean;

import javax.management.Notification;
import javax.management.ObjectName;

import org.jboss.system.ListenerServiceMBeanSupport;

public class NotificationListener
   extends ListenerServiceMBeanSupport
   implements NotificationListenerMBean
{
   // Constructors --------------------------------------------------
   /**
    * CTOR
   **/
   public NotificationListener()
   {
      // empty
   }

   // NotificationListenerMBean implementation ----------------------
   // No attributes or operations in this example to implement!

   // Lifecycle control (ServiceMBeanSupport) -----------------------
   /**
    * Start
   **/
   public void startService()
      throws Exception
   {
      // subscribe for notification, true=dynamic
      super.subscribe(true); // listener is me!
   }

   /**
    * Stop
   **/
   public void stopService()
      throws Exception
   {
      // unsubscribe for notifications
      super.unsubscribe();
   }

   // ListenerServiceMBeanSupport override ------------------------
   /**
    * Overriden to add handling!
   **/
   public void handleNotification2(Notification notification, Object handback)
   {
      System.out.println("Got notification2: " + notification + ", handback: " + handback);
   }

   public void handleNotification(Notification notification, Object handback)
   {
      System.out.println("Got notification1: " + notification + ", handback: " + handback);
   }
}

service xml