[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss AS 4.2.0.CR2 does not start

andy.miller@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 20 11:06:07 EDT 2007

Okay, I recreated your problem by changing my /etc/hosts to the same as yours, as follows:

::1 localhost localhost.localdomain
127.0.0.1 localhost

After changing to this the same problem occurs, even with a wireless connection.

I then just added localhost.localdomain to the IPv4 line as follows:

::1 localhost localhost.localdomain
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain

This makes the IPv4 and IPv6 lines match, and then the AS boots fine.  So, just add localhost.localdomain to the 127.0.0.1 line, and everything should work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039310#4039310

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039310