[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: jboss JMX notification type

dimitris@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 21 09:38:57 EDT 2007

Simple:

According to the JMX spec, handleNotification(..) is the method that should be implemented by NotificationListeners.

The ListenerServiceMBeanSupport base class however, in order to implement the "dynamic" notification subscription feature (when doing subscribe(true)), it needs to monitor the registration/unregistration of mbeans in the mbean server and apply the subscription criteria.

So it overrides the handleNotification() method in the baseclass to intercept, act upon, and remove, those notifications, before passing on the call to the handleNotification2() method, that you are supposed to implement.

It just occurred to me I could have probably implemented it differently, by forking a seperate notification listener, but thats history now :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039540#4039540

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039540