[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem by inserting of entities

music do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 23 03:49:53 EDT 2007

 Hi,

I use JBoss Seam 1.2.1 GA, Jboss 4.0.5 GA and JSF for one project. I have made one new Session bean for inserting/deleting some data in/from database.

It's look something like this:

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("initialize")
  | public class InitializeData implements Initialize
  | {
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  | 	private EntityManager em = null;
  |
  | 	public void insertData()
  | 	{
  | 		try
  | 		{
  |
  | 			PriceCategory cat1 = new PriceCategory("Old", new BigDecimal(3.2));
  | 			PriceCategory cat2 = new PriceCategory("New", new BigDecimal(5.2));
  |
  | 			em.persist(cat1);
  | 			em.persist(cat2);
  |
  | 			em.flush();
  | 		}
  | 		catch(Exception e)
  | 		{
  | 			e.printStackTrace();
  | 		}
  | 	}

But when I call this method from JSF, I get always this exception by first em.persist()-call:

  | 09:27:45,078 INFO  [STDOUT] Hibernate: insert into PriceCategory (priceCategoryId, name, dailyFee, optLock) values (null, ?, ?, ?)
  | 09:27:45,093 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: -104, SQLState: 23000
  | 09:27:45,093 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Unique constraint violation: SYS_CT_61 in statement [insert into PriceCategory (priceCategoryId, name, dailyFee, optLock) values (null, ?
  | , ?, ?)]
  | 09:27:45,093 ERROR [STDERR] javax.persistence.EntityExistsException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: could not insert: [model.PriceCategory]
  | 09:27:45,093 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.throwPersistenceException(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:622)
  | 09:27:45,093 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.persist(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:218)

I don't really understand what happend there. Perheps my entity bean PriceCategory:

  | @Entity
  | @Table(name = "PriceCategory")
  | @Name("pricecategory")
  | public class PriceCategory implements Serializable {
  |
  | 	@Id
  | 	@GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.IDENTITY)
  | 	@Column(name = "priceCategoryId")
  | 	private Integer id;
  |
  | 	@Column(name = "name", nullable = false, length = 20, unique=true)
  | 	private String name;
  |
  | 	@Column(name = "dailyFee", nullable = false, precision = 4, scale = 2)
  | 	private BigDecimal dailyFee;
  |
  | 	@Version
  | 	@Column(name = "optLock")
  | 	private Integer version;

I am really stuck at this point and without data in database cann't do anything more.

Could anyone give me some hint for get over it?

Thanks a lot for every help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039725#4039725

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039725