[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Failing to login using LDAP UserModule

bdaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 23 05:24:32 EDT 2007

"maph2880" wrote :
  | I am using the LDAPUserModuleImpl user module..  For the user module, i have specified the common properties for userCtxDN and uidAttributeID.  For the Role and Membership modules, I am using DB.

I thing the simple reason is that you are mixing UserModule from LDAP with RoleModule and MembershipModule from DB. HibernateMembershipModuleImpl won't be able to resolve user/role relationship in such scenario and I suspect this is the root of exception during login process.
So simply you cannot mix modules in such way. Only usage of delegating UserProfileModule for DB is allowed - like configured in default ldap config.
Sory if documentation wasn't clear enough about this. I will add a note there.

If you'll have any other issues don't hesitate to ask.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039758#4039758

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039758