[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - setting a security for individual portlet instances

mohan_chaudhari do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 23 06:40:51 EDT 2007

 Hi,

   I am using jboss-portal-2.6-BETA1. Basically i want that user which is not having a role of admin is not able to add some default portlets like CMSportlet,role portlets to his dashboard so

   I  try to set security for individual portlet instances so i login as admin
   and goto management portlet. After selecting security
   link for proper portlet instance a window opens which has checkboxes for  user roles but after selecting proper checkbox there is no update button so the changes i made were lost.

 eg: I want to change the security of CMSportletInstance so that user (except admin role) can not be able to view or add CMSportletInstance in his dashboard.

   I also try to put
               <security-constraint>
            <policy-permission>
               <role-name>Admin</role-name>
               <action-name>view</action-name>
            </policy-permission>
         </security-constraint>

      for   CMSportletInstance in portlet-instances.xml located at  jboss-portal.sar\portal-core.war\WEB-INF which creates instances of these portlets. But it wont work.

  Any suggections !!!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039781#4039781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4039781