[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - is an upgrade guide available for Seam?

baz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 24 02:44:06 EDT 2007

Hello,
if someone knows an upgrade guide for Seam please send me the pointer. Thanks.
I evenappreciate a chapter in the doc with upgrade instructions(at least with pointers to resources on the net)

My problem:
Created an app with seam1.2.0Patch1. Runs fine. Each form is validated correctly (using s:decorate and s:validateall)
This app was derived from the seam example hibernate2. So it runs only with the microcontainer in tomcat.

Sunday i added an edit form in the style of a seam-gen (from Seam 1.2.1GA) generated app.
This form does not work. So i decided to upgrade my application.
Putting seam.jar,seam-ui.jar and seam-debug.jar from seam1.2.1GA in the WEB-INF/lib folder of my app expecting it to work. But it won't. So i have realized that the facelets lib has changed. Putting it also in the lib folder my pages are rendered well. So far so good.
But now, the validation of a form does not work anymore.  The PC is flushed to the database even if there are validation errors. This naturally results in hibernate exceptions:-(

A pointer to an migration guide is well appreciated.

My solution for now is:
take the hibernate2 example from seam1.2.1GA and port my app to it. If this will not run, i will notice this forum.
Ciao,
Carsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040085#4040085

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040085