[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - #160; becomes a funny character on error page

henrik.lindberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 24 10:14:44 EDT 2007

In web.xml I have made a declaration like this:

  | <!-- direct 404 errors to nicely formatted page -->
  |   	<error-page>
  | 		<error-code>404</error-code>
  | 		<location>/404.seam</location>
  | 	</error-page>

to display my 404 page instead of the default.

This works fine, but for some reason nbsp characters entered as &#160; are not rendered correctly (they become a diamond with a question mark).

What could cause the page to get confused in this respect?

I am using a URL rewriter (tuckey) to change incoming reuests on the form
../somewhere/12345.xxx to /somewhere.seam?param=12345

When I entered the URL directly (the second form) the error page looks ok for non found identities, but when redirected using tuckey I get the wrong characters...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040199#4040199

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040199