[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Injection Problem

petedog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 13:03:40 EDT 2007

I'm constructing a form for a customer and in this form I have multiple people (ie, "First Name", "Last Name", etc) as points of contact. Basically, I have 2 different Contact instances on the Action that I want to connect the form to and I'm not getting it to work. I'm trying to use the @In(value="contact"), @In("contact"), etc and it still keeps complaining, displaying this when doing seam validation: "value could not be converted to the expected type". If someone knows of of a way to make this work, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Peter

Here's the code for the entity and Action:

  | @Entity
  | @Name("contact")
  | @Table(name = "CONTACT")
  |
  | public class Contact implements java.io.Serializable {
  |
  | 	private Long id;
  |
  | 	private String firstName;

  | }
  |

  | @Stateful
  | @Scope(SESSION)
  | @Name("customerFormAction")
  | public class CustomerFormAction implements ICustomerFormAction, Serializable {
  |
  | 	private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  | 	@Logger private Log log;
  |

  | 	@In(value="contact")
  | 	Contact contact1;
  |
  | 	@In(value="contact")
  | 	Contact contact2;

  | }

Here is also a bit of code of the xhtml page that I'm trying to connect to contact1 and contact2 entities on the Action:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040690#4040690

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040690