[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - ProcessDefinition in 2nd level cache

a.grin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 14:14:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

Process definitions are cached in the 2nd level cache. Nearly all components of the process definition are lazy loaded. Process definitions are accessed by many threads and are read from 2nd level cache after they were partially  loaded from the database. I see here the  following problem:
If we keep the hibernate session that loaded the ProcessDefinition instance open then it will be accessed sooner or later by multiple threads simultaneously. And hibernate session is not thread safe according to the documentation. Reconnecting the ProcessDefiniton instance to the new session leads to the same problem.
If we close the session then we get lazy loading exception. Has anyone some experience addressing this problem?

Thank you.
Andrey.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040708#4040708

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040708