[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jbpm-console: conditions not working in jBPM 3.2

dario.oliveros do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 15:27:14 EDT 2007

I apologize for not being so clear. I was just looking for some help and was hoping someone could provide me with pointers after I had spent some time on finding a solution by myself. My apologies.

Before posting I'd searched for similar issues in this forum and also in JIRA, but could not find any, except for cristim79's. However that one was a little bit different from mine since it was about conditions not being executed when using expression attribute (a backward compatibily issue). Anyway I got some help from cristim79 about valid condition expression, but it did not work for me. So I decided to run the unit test case provided by cristim79 to check whether it was a problem with my expression or not. It did work, but when I deployed my process definition to JBoss AS, I realized that the first task from a decision node would always be executed no matter what condition was set. So I do not think it's really a duplicate post.

So here are the steps I followed to reproduce this scenario:
- Created a Process Project using jPDL Designer along with its definition (please refer to previous post for more details)
- Generated forms for task input (from actors) using the functionality provided by jPDL Designer (generate form)
- Deployed my process definition to the JBoss AS server that comes with jBPM suite
- Opened jBPM console (http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console), logged as 'ernie' and instantiated a process
- Provided '2' for var1 and made a transition to decision node. At this point  I noticed that 'task1' (first one) was always executed instead of 'task2'

It may be either something I am doing wrong or a bug in the new jBPM console.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Dário

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040722#4040722