[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: socket write error with Seam Remoting

scotto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 22:09:50 EDT 2007

I have upgraded to Seam 1.2.1.GA and still get this exception, however I have discovered that it appears to only happens when running the server on Windows XP.

For some reason, running the same application with JBoss on Linux does NOT give this "socket write error" exception.

Could this perhaps be something to do with different socket handling behaviour of Tomcat 6 under Windows?

anonymous wrote : I think it might have something to do with the server trying to respond to an old browser long-poll request that has since been terminated on the client side (i.e when the user navigates to another page)?
I am 100% certain this is the cause - the exception occurs consistently approximately 30 seconds after I navigate away from a Seam page containing an active Seam.Remoting.subscribe() call. (30 seconds is my Seam remoting poll-timeout value).

My guess is that when the AJAX long-poll expires, the server attempts to write a response (e.g. no messages on JMS topic) but fails with an exception because the client is no longer listening to the request (having since moved on to a new page).

Does anyone know how to fix this? The exception appears benign, however it is causing false alerts in my error log and it is frustrating that it happens under Windows and not Linux.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040803#4040803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040803