[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Transaction Timeout / Batch Insert

toni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 26 14:00:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

my webapplication provides a way to import data from a CSV file. If there are too many records so, then the following exception is thrown:

org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
Caused by: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Transaction is not active: tx=TransactionImpl:XidImpl

Because I only get this exception, when there are lots of records to import into the application, I assume that at one point the transaction times out and becomes invalid. The batch insert simply takes to long.

Where can I change/increase the timeout for a batch insert?

Even nicer would be to have a transaction for each record to insert, because the actualy form one unit of work. So having the batch insert within one transaction is actually wrong.

But I'm not sure, how I would do this? Should I use the @Transactional annotation? And which attribute would I have to set on which function?

Any help is being appreciated...

toni

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041122#4041122