[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Integrating Seam security with vanilla JEE/web.xml security

michael.neale@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 26 19:27:16 EDT 2007

I spoke to Shane briefly, that there is a JIRA for making seam work with JEE for authentication (and I guess roles?). Specifically I am talking about when you use web.xml to secure URLs etc, and let the container authenticate the user. The container also knows what roles the user belongs to.

I am interested in how to integrate this with the Seam Identity. A common case is to use the container to do authentication, but everything else is Seam (roles, capabilities etc).

Or am I on the wrong path - the reason I ask is so people can use whatever containers integration with stuff like AD etc.. or can seam do this already without falling back on the container? (correct me if wrong).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041232#4041232

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041232