[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Support for remotely deployed EJBs

wv-javacoder do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 27 09:16:59 EDT 2007

We found that Seam currently has only weak support for remotely located EJBs. The only way to get to a remotely located EJB reference is to use a façade or a factory, which forces us to write unnecessary glue code. A typical use case would be a stateless SOA service, which is usually deployed remotely. This remote service might not even use Seam.

We would like to see Seam support component declarations for interfaces + jndi-name in components.xml (as opposed to class + jndi-name). This would allow Seam to find remote components, which could be referenced through the EL. Obviously no in-/outjection would work, which is usually not required for stateless remote services.

Any thoughts on that idea? Shall we open a feature request in JIRA?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041393#4041393

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041393