[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Accessing Scheduler throgh JNDI

Nikolajs1968 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 27 11:35:28 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am choosing curently between TimerService and JBoss Schedulers for running repeated requests with given timeout...

I tried to use JBoss Scheduler with "StartAtStartup" = true, generally haven't found any issues, worked Ok.

The question is - can I start and stop the Scheduler programmatically ? I.e. there is a EJB which I would like to start and stop Scheduler. I assume the start() and stop() methods in org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler are doing exactly this.

The trouble is, I cannot understand how to access the Scheduler service from my EJB . I  need to pass JNDI name to InitialContext, right >

new InitialContext(). lookup( some name here );

the snippet from jboss-service.xml is :

mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
           name=":service=Scheduler,schedule=WSAsyncEJBClient">

       false
</mbean

I wonder if JNDI name should match mbean name, or something else.

Thanks,
Nik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041450#4041450

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041450