[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Pages Hierarchy

iradix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 27 11:59:48 EDT 2007

First off, Gavin I wanted to say thanks for all the improvements to pages.xml since 1.0.  Even though my patch didn't make it in (JBSEAM-397), it's great to see most of the functionality there.  I do have a couple of questions about how it's all been implemented though.

In my experience most pages within a specific conversation seem to match a wildcard (say /cart/*) where one of the pages in that group (say /cart/view.jsf) is responsible for starting the conversation.  In my head this would translate into:

<page view-id="/cart/*" conversation-required="true" no-conversation-view-id="/cart/view.xhtml"/>

  | <page view-id="/cart/view.xhtml" conversation-required="false">
  |   <begin-conversation join="true"/>
  | </page>

The way Pages is implemented however, since pages are processed individually starting with the worst match, the conversation-required attribute on the wildcard forces a redirect before the conversation can be begun by the more specific match.  When I put my patch together I had laid out pages in a parent child relationship so that single parameters like conversation-required could be overridden by more specific matches and multiple parameters like action could still be processed worst match first.  It makes more sense to me that way and I noticed at least one other poster with a similar problem regarding login-required.  I'm not saying that my way was better, but could we find a compromise between the two?  It seems like the ability to override wildcards would be useful in mutliple circumstances.

I am willing to submit another patch, but I wanted to see what others thought and gauge how well it would be accepted before I do.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041460#4041460

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041460