[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Mathematical captcha & Email obfuscator

Homer J. do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 27 23:24:09 EDT 2007

@Pete Muir:

At first let me thank you for your response but some part I don't get so let us fiddle this out ;).

You said:
anonymous wrote : * the source for your changes need to be submitted in diff format, ideally fairly fine grained (obfuscator seam component, mathematical captcha component, email address JSF component, obfuscator JSF component)
  | * MathCaptchaResponseValidator appears to be unused
  | * Patch should be against seam source tree (not com.example, another faces-config etc)
  |
  | Further, we are currently trying to work out what the role of JSF components is in Seam. I think we need to hold on commiting the JSF components for now.

1. I purposefully didn't use the patch format because I thought it's easier for you to integrate this way and my code doesn't rely on existing seam code. Further my code is "fine grained" - like you demanded. So all you / the seam developers have to do is to rename the classes & merge faces-config.xml, jsf-ui.taglib.xml, taglib.tld into JBossSeam/src/ui.

2. I might be wrong but AFAIK MathCaptchaResponseValidator does the same job as org.jboss.seam.captcha.CaptchaResponseValidator - that means it gets called by the hibernate validator and relays validation to the MathCaptcha component.

3. please see 1.

4. This part I don't understand: "Further, we are currently trying to work out what the role of JSF components is in Seam. I think we need to hold on commiting the JSF components for now." My hopes just were that you include it in jboss-seam-ui.jar so it can be used like s:link, s:cache, ...

However: My intention was to give you a working example as proof of concept but if you insist on using the patch format I can give it a try (I haven't used it before but I have trust in my eclipse so this will probably work ;)).

I'm looking forward to your response.

Regards
Stephan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041610#4041610