[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Startup (possible to have this occur post session creat

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 06:10:33 EDT 2007

"courtneycouch" wrote : The reason for this is that ajax4jsf mediaOutput components cant be seam component.  They need to be simply managed-beans.  When I'm using managed-beans in a seam application the regular lifecycle stuff for managed-beans doesnt work since seam is in control.

This is something that is broken then - we/a4j ought to fix this as you should be able to use a Seam component here.  Have you talked to the a4j guys about this?

anonymous wrote : Kind of a hack I suppose.. the problem is fc.getApplication().getVariableResolver().resolveVariable() called from within a @Create method of a component tahts marked @Startup just starts an infinite loop.

Well yes, this is a loop ;)  I haven't got the whole picture here, but, for your workaround, why not lazy-initialize the proxy?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041789#4041789

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041789