[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - PermGen Space reaching Maximum Limit

yj4jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 09:02:53 EDT 2007

I had a problem with Out of Memory exceptions ... This was supposed to be addressed by the following :

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2481

>From the Comments, someone even suggested that there was some performance gains too ...

A post on JBoss Forums further indicated that this was a bug with hibernate :

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039784#4039784

So i did the necessary upgrades for Javassist and Hibernate 3.2.3.GA and started doing some profiling using JProfiler ....

I have set the perm gen size to 256M

While i can say that i did not get any Out of Memory leaks till now ... I could see the used Heap size getting dangerously near the maximum perm gen space at times .... Besides, the web application tends to be a slow when the perm gen space reaches these levels ....

I would like to know what further improvements i can bring so that the used heap size remains at an acceptable level and how can i improve the performance of the web app in general

I am using EJB 3.0, Hibernate 3.2.3.GA, Seam 1.1.0CR1, JSF/Facelets, MySQL 5.0 ..

I have a relatively small web application with around 73 SFSB which are not using conversations and 78 SLSB and 43 Business objects

I really need help on this because the application is already in production and we are really having problems

Regards,
Jankee Yogesh
Software Developer
M-ITC LTD