[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - testing examples sans Ant

gryffin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 11:17:33 EDT 2007

I'm working through the jboss4guide WS chapter. The expected form for testing applications is to use cascading Ant scripts. Yet, for me, that obscures the actual operation. I appreciate the power of Ant, but I don't have time to learn Ant just yet.

How would I go about calling web service clients from the command-line?
( This would also avoid unnecessary compile/deploy phases when tweaking the example. )

The ant target is :
   <target name="run-example1" depends="chap12-war">
  |        <copy file="${chapter.dir}/hello-servlet.war"
  |              todir="${jboss.dist}/server/default/deploy"/>
  |        <echo message="Waiting for 5 seconds for deploy..." />
  |        <sleep seconds="5"/>
  |      <java dir="${build.classes.dir}" fork="yes" failOnError="true"
  |              className="org.jboss.ws.client.HelloClient">
  |            <jvmarg value="-Djava.endorsed.dirs=${jboss.dist}/lib/endorsed" />
  |            <arg value="http://localhost:8080/hello-servlet/Hello?wsdl" />
  |            <arg value="JBoss neophyte" />
  |            <classpath>
  |                <pathelement location="${build.dir}/classes"/>
  |                <path refid="client.path" />
  |            </classpath>
  |        </java>
  |    </target>

My attempt to call the script is:

C:\jboss4guide\examples>java -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\jboss-4.0.5.GA\lib\endorsed -cp C:\jboss4guide\
  | examples\src\main\org\jboss\ws\hello org.jboss.ws.client.HelloClient "http://localhost:8080/hello-servlet/Hello?wsdl" "JBoss neophyte"
  | Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/ws/client/HelloClient

The error tells me that my runtime classpath is wrong.
Consequently, I've tried different classpath values
- C:\jboss4guide\examples\src\main\org\jboss\ws\client
- C:\jboss4guide\examples\src\main\
- C:\jboss4guide\examples\

Am I wrong about the classpath, or what should I use? thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041880#4041880

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041880