[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Client-side Seam remoting calls from a static web page o

art_jones76 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 09:02:05 EDT 2007

I am setting the Seam.Remoting.resourcePath, but it's still not working. Am I setting it correctly? Here's the code:

<script type="text/javascript">
  | //<![CDATA[
  | function sayHello() {
  | 	alert (Seam.Remoting.resourcePath);
  | 	Seam.Remoting.resourcePath = "http://localhost:8080" + Seam.Remoting.resourcePath;
  | 	alert (Seam.Remoting.resourcePath);
  | 	var name = prompt("What is your name?");
  | 	Seam.Component.getInstance("helloAction").sayHello(name, sayHelloCallback);
  | }
  |
  | function sayHelloCallback(result) {
  | 	alert(result);
  | }
  |
  | // ]]>
  | </script>

Both pages (the one in the application, and the static one outside the application) alert the same before and after values for Seam.Remoting.resourcePath:
Before: /a/seam/resource/remoting
After: http://localhost:8080/a/seam/resource/remoting

The page served within the application works.
The static page server from outside the application shows the red "Please wait..." dialog, but never returns. Logging within the server-side function shows the function is not getting invoked.

Any thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069622#4069622

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069622