[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - beginner question on seam-gen deploy/explode task, please he

Grandfatha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 09:10:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have spent quite some time now on seam-gen and I just cannot understand why I am having all these deployment issues. I have created a Seam project with seam-gen by generating Entities from existing tables of a old and shared database. I then ran seam-setup again to point my project to a different database for testing the new Seam project.

My problem is, I cannot deploy the application to neither 4.2.1 nor 4.2.0. If I run one of the two and then run seam-deploy or seam-explode, it only creates a folder "C:\Applications\server\default\deploy\...." and copies the files into it. But then nothing happens. No EarDeployer pops up on my Jboss Console.. nothing.

When I used JBoss for the last time (4.0.4) deployment was all about putting your "foo.ear" and "foo-ds.xml" in the deploy folder of your application server and you were pretty much done.

Why these new folders ("C:\Applications\...")?

Why cant seam-deploy just point to the deploy folder the old fashioned way?

What do I have to do to make this work?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069624#4069624

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069624