[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Problem on multiple CPU Solaris 9 machine

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 10:52:35 EDT 2007

Two thoughts.

1) You should take several thread dumps, spaced a few seconds apart, to see what the app server is doing during startup.

2) You should ask about this in the Solaris forum (or ask Sun support). Most likely it is an issue pertaining to the Sun JVM and its interaction with Solaris. (Sounds like CPU cache trashing to me, I recommend also setting processor affinity so that the app server runs on at most 4 CPUs, but I don't know how to do that in Solaris.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069675#4069675

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069675