[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Using an EJB from an remote app client does not work

Hauptlorenz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 05:32:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've created an EJB with both an local and remote-interface and deployed it
(stateless session bean).

Now I want to use it from an remote application client (swing app).
I've using this jndi.properties-file (which is used, I see in the exceptions):

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  | java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming.client
  | java.naming.provider.url=jnp://132.180.60.3:1099
  | j2ee.clientName=sImplex-app-client

I'm using the following java code to use the EJB. The problem:
if the client is running on the same machine as the jboss server it is running. If it is running on an different client I get only exceptions.

What could be the problem?

Thank you very much,
Frank

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069999#4069999